Set to begin this Thursday, July 18, the 13th annual Muskegon Bike Time is slated to be the most impressive four-day celebration in the festival’s history, according to organizers.
The annual event—which those behind the festivities said will be “bigger, better and louder than ever before”—will run from July 18-21 and is expected to draw more than 100,000 people to downtown Muskegon for concerts, food, entertainment, and, of course, motorcycles.
“Over the years, Muskegon Bike Time has been an economic boon to hotels, restaurants, bars, gas stations, local retailers, and other local tourist attractions,” said Muskegon Bike Time spokesman Tim Lipan. “All of the events surrounding this special motorcycle weekend provide an economic impact of over $30 million yearly to the local economy and showcases all we have to offer in Muskegon and along the lakeshore.”
With activities and events occurring in the downtown Muskegon area and throughout the county, the focal point of Bike Time activities will be at the Hot Rod Harley Davidson property (149 Shoreline Dr.) in downtown Muskegon. Activities include:
Bikers will be able to experience a variety of scenic rides that will take them along the West Michigan shoreline. These rides include:
- Patriot Ride: Sunday, July 21. Registration starts at 10am at Hot Rod Harley Davidson, and the ride will begin at 11am. About 200 bikers are expected to go on this police-escorted ride, which will run throughout the area and will be about one and a half hours long. A $10 donation per person supports Every Woman’s Place. Click here for more info.
- 7 Lakes Northern Ride: Available any time. This scenic ride showcases seven different lakes and many interesting small towns in West Michigan. Click here for more info.
- Hot Rod Harley & Downtown: Available any time. Leaving Hot Rod Harley Davidson in downtown Muskegon, bikers can cruise the strip of Western Avenue that will be open to motorcycle traffic only and includes beer tents, vendors, and other activities. Click here for more info.
- Pere Marquette Beach: Available any time. Bikers are invited to explore Muskegon’s Pere Marquette. Click here for more info.
- Lake Shore Drive Southern Ride: Available any time. This ride takes you along the Lakeshore to Grand Haven, Holland, and several lakes and rivers. Click here for more info.
All Bike Time concerts are free, open to the public, and presented on the main stage at Hot Rod Harley-Davidson in downtown Muskegon.
- Thursday, July 18, 2019, 6pm – 10pm: Vincent Hayes Band
- Friday, July 19, 2019. 6pm – 10pm: Pop Fiction
- Saturday, July 20, 2019, 5:30pm – 7:30pm: Bettie Paige
- Saturday, July 20, 8pm – 10pm: Let There Be Rock – A Tribute to Early AC/DC
- Biker Rodeo: Friday, July 19, 4pm-6pm. This event will feature biker games of all kinds at Hot Rod Harley Davidson.
- Corn Hole Shootout Competition: Friday, July 19, 5pm-9pm. The Bikes & Bags Cornhole Tournament includes $1,000 in cash prizes. The event will be at Hot Rod Harley-Davidson.
- West Michigan Arm Wrestling Championships: Saturday, July 20. The 2019 West Michigan Arm Wrestling Championships will be held in the Budweiser tent located at Hot Rod Harley-Davidson. Weigh-ins and registrations will take place from 10am to 12pm. The competition begins at 1pm.
- Pong Shoot Out: Preliminary rounds for the festival’s first-ever pong shoot out competition will be held Thursday and Friday from 4pm to 8pm. The championship rounds will take place Saturday from 4-8pm. Registration is $25 a team, and the winner will take home $400 in cash. The runner-up will win $200 in cash.
- Best Bikini Competition: Saturday, July 20, 2:30-4:30pm. The winner will receive a $1,000 cash prize. Pre-registration is encouraged but not required.
- Dad Bod Contest: Saturday, July 20, 4:30-5:30pm. The winner will receive a $250 cash prize.
- Dart Tournament: Saturday, July 20. Show off your skills in this steel-tipped open tournament. Registration begins at 9am; the event will be held indoors on the lower level of Hot Rod Harley-Davidson. The tournament will begin at 10am. The first place winner will win $300, second place will receive $150, and semi-finalists will receive $25.
- Blessing of the Bikers: Sunday, July 21, 9am. All are welcome to this Sunday morning worship service and blessing of the bikers. The service will take place under the large tent at Hot Rod Harley-Davidson.
For more information on Muskegon Bike Time, visit its website at www.muskegonbiketime.com.