From rattlesnake tacos and octopus ceviche to three-course meals and a burger packed with salami, capicola and more, restaurants throughout Muskegon are showcasing their culinary know-how during the first-ever Lakeshore Restaurant Week.
Kicking off this Friday, Feb. 21 and running through Saturday, Feb. 29, the Lakeshore Restaurant Week will feature 21 local eateries in an effort to promote and celebrate the region’s culinary landscape.
“We organized Lakeshore Restaurant Week in order to showcase the marvelous places to eat in Muskegon and surrounding areas,” said Rich Berry, the director of sales for Cumulus Radio, which is organizing the event.
As part of this whirlwind of food and drinks, restaurants will offer special deals and discounts; some establishments too are creating their own special menu for the week. Rad Dads’, for example, will offer rattlesnake tacos and octopus ceviche, and Hamburger Mikey is serving up a “muffuletta burger”—a burger on a focaccia bun that’s jam-packed with salami, capicola, olive relish, cajun mayo, and more.
Other venues, including the Hearthstone Bistro, Seasons Gastropub, and The Mill at the downtown Delta Hotels by Marriott, will feature three-course menus that range from $28 to $33 per person.
For those looking for vegetarian and vegan options, The Coffee Factory will have a chocolate chipotle chili, a Mexican corn salad (think: an ode to elote, or Mexican street corn), a garlic and chive scone, and more.
“Many of the restaurants participating in the Lakeshore Restaurant Week have challenged themselves to come up with different ways to stand out from the crowd, which is exactly what we hoped they would do,” Berry said.
Participating restaurants include:
- The Brunch House, 3065 Henry St., Muskegon
- The Coffee Factory, 1402 Hudson St., Muskegon
- Rad Dads’ Taco and Tequila Bar, 470 W. Western Ave., Muskegon
- Dr. Rolf’s Barbeque, 477 W. Western Ave., Muskegon
- Seasons Gastropub, 2801 Lakeshore Dr., Muskegon
- El Burrito Loco, 5916 Harvey St. B, Muskegon
- The Factory, 2037 E. Laketon Ave., Muskegon
- Hamburger Mikey, 1125 Third St., Muskegon
- Hearthstone Bistro, 3350 Glade St., Muskegon
- The Mill at the Delta Hotels by Marriott, 939 Third St., Muskegon
- Mr. B’s Pancake House, 1910 E Apple Ave., Muskegon
- Teddy Spaghetti’s, 3032 Heights Ravenna Rd., Muskegon
- Tootsies Diner, 1125 W Hackley Ave., Muskegon
- Russ’ Restaurant (only Henry Street location), 3225 Henry St., Muskegon
- Smash Wine Bar and Bistro, 415 W Western Ave., Muskegon
- Buffalo Wild Wings, 5648 Harvey St., Muskegon
- IHOP, 5220 Harvey St., Muskegon
- Lakes 23 Restaurant & Pub, 1100 Ramshorn Dr., Fremont
- North Grove Brewers, 8735 Water St., Montague
- The Old Homestead, 4814 Grand Haven Rd., Norton Shores
- Olive Garden, 1651 E Sternberg Rd., Norton Shores